Tins of Sin

June 12, 2009 | By | Comments (6)

Sin-tin-1
(photography by Abbi Masters)

Since I've been pregnant, my cravings can be summed up in 3 words: beef, cheese, and chocolate. The latter of the 3 is pretty much a necessity each day, so when my brother-in-law picked up this curious little tin while my husband and I were vacationing with the family, I had to try it out.

Sin-tin-2

What lied inside was truly fabulous! Upon further investigation, I learned that Sin in a Tin (visit http://sininatin.org/), as it was cleverly named by its creator, Chef William Guthrie, can be served by itself, with fresh fruit, or spread on cookies. It's also gluten-free and makes a GREAT gift! But I had to know, would others love this treat as much as I did?

Sin-tin-3

So I served both Sin in a Tin and its fruity sidekick, Lemon Lust, to our group of editors at work, and I was not the only one who loved it. Here are just some of the comments about the chocolaty piece of heaven:

Sin-tin-4

• "Scratched my chocolate itch!"
  • "Incredible! Love the cute packaging, too. Would be great for a gift."
  • "I like to sin! I mean, in a tin…"
  • "All I can say is…WOW!!!"
  • "Mmm…love it! Love the texture! Very satifying even if you only have a taste."

Now if they would only package my other cravings in cute little tins…

COMMENTS

1. Ashley

LOVE this! Going to send a tin o’ sin to my gluten-free friend now. She’s going to love it!

June 12, 2009 at 12:37 pm
  2. Lucy Normann

Absolutely the best dessert I have come across in a long time…and I try them daily!

June 15, 2009 at 2:36 pm
  3. julia borthwick

I tried Sin In A Tin at a friends house and again at a tasting at Publix and also had the opportunity to try Lemon Lust there.
    Both are fabulous! For the first time in 21 years I didn’t bake my husband a birthday cake. He got to experience the tin delicacy and loved it! It won’t be just for special occasions OR rather they will make ordinary occasions special.

June 24, 2009 at 11:34 am
  4. Stephen Sawyer

Chef Guthrie has been a friend of ours for over thirty years.
    He has remarkable talents with all of the foods we love to eat and these remarkably tasty desserts are literally just the icing on the cake.

June 29, 2009 at 11:34 am
  5. Chuck Degan

I was in Destin, FL last week and was introduced to “SIN IN A TIN” and I am now “jones-ing.” We cannot get your UNBELIEVEABLE chocolately dessert in Memphis- so i guess I am going to have to move to Destin so I can be close to this slice of heaven. You have put the chocolate world on its tongue! What a truely wonderful dessert!!!!!!

July 15, 2009 at 10:46 am
  6. gail

This is crack disguised as lemon or chocolate. It is addiciting. I love it. My friend just bought it for me and she called it a happy gift. Well I can tell you I am so freakin happy. I will go get the chocolate one tomorrow. Thanks Shannon for my happy gift.

August 10, 2012 at 12:41 am