The peanut butter and jelly sandwich is basically love squished between two pieces of bread. There is no sandwich more perfect. I bet if you close your eyes and think back to your favorite childhood lunch, it probably has peanut butter and jelly in it — I know mine does! Growing up every summer my family and I went to the beach on my birthday. Among the packed lunch selections were turkey, ham, and PB & J. This was always an easy decision — hands down, peanut butter and jelly (hold the sand). For all of you PB & J lovers out there, these 6 twists are just for you!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins: Breakfast is served – on the go! Get your kiddos to eat their most important meal of the day with jelly filled muffins. The recipe calls for strawberry jelly but any flavor jam, jelly, or preserves will do.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints: Jelly-centered and peanut butter-crusted. We do believe the PB&J will cookie! These bite-sized thumbprints are the perfect flavor combination of the favorite sandwich we all know and love.
- Mini PB&J Cupcakes: Peanut Butter-Cream Cheese Frosting piles high on top of this mini vanilla cupcake and a dollop of grape jelly acts as the cherry on top. Thank goodness one batch makes 35 mini cakes, otherwise they’d be gone in a flash!
- Momma’s PBJ Bars: Momma really does know best. With only 7-ingredients, these sweet bars are really good and really easy. Bonus: the kids will love it, too!
- “PB and J” Steak Stir-Fry with Rice: At first glance, this might be a stretch for classic PB & J fans, but the peanut butter’s smooth, nutty note contrasts the red pepper jelly’s sweet heat. The dynamic duo has done it, yet again!
- Peanut Butter-Berry Smoothie: Inspired by our childhood favorite, this refreshing drink really is reminiscent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. For peanut butter and banana lovers out there, slices of banana add to make this smoothie a trifecta of awesomeness.