Macaroni and Cheese remains a classic and comforting side dish that pleases children and adults, alike. Whether you’re siding a holiday meal or need a quick and simple side dish, mac and cheese can do the trick. Though there countless recipes to choose from, today, we’re cranking up the crock-pot to cook this Extra-Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese.
For this crowd-pleasing crock-pot mac and cheese, you’ll need the ingredients listed below.
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (about 2 1/4 cups), uncooked
Using Italian and Cheddar cheeses makes this mac and cheese deliciously cheesy, but that’s not even the best part about this recipe. Because you don’t have to precook the pasta, this recipe only requires 6 minutes of prep time! First, combine the cheeses in a bowl and whisk together the eggs, evaporated milk, milk, salt, dry mustard, ground red pepper, and black pepper. Next, stir in the pasta and 3 cups of cheese into the mixture and pour it into a 3-quart crock-pot. Sprinkle ¾ cup of the cheese over the pasta before covering and cooking it on low for 4 hours. Before serving, sprinkle each serving with remaining cheese and enjoy!